During your travels
You'll have many interesting distractions while you're on your travels, but always follow a routine for reducing your chances of getting bitten. Here are some points to bear in mind while you are away:
- Keep skin covered and limit outdoor activities as much as possible between dusk and dawn.
- Sleep under permethrin-impregnated mosquito netting.
- Avoid mosquito bites with an insect repellent containing 20-50% DEET on exposed skin and clothing. (DEET is suitable from 2 months of age unless allergic.)
- If using sunblock, apply the insect repellent afterwards.
- If you are required to take malaria pills for your destination continue to take them as instructed.
- Continue these measures all the time you're in a malarious region.
UK/MARK/0294b/11 April 2012